I have found jamf to be too interfering and personally very frustrating while installing softwares and changing some system-level settings on my mac. I prefer keeping it disabled whenever possible. Here are the steps I follow that have always worked for me
- Begin with restarting your computer.
cmd + Rpressed to startup in recovery mode.
- Open the Terminal and type the following command to disable System Integrity Protection and then reboot.
$ csrutil disable Successfully disabled System Integrity Protection. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect. $ reboot
- Verify integrity protection is disabled.
$ csrutil status disabled
- First uninstall jamf
$ sudo jamf -removeFramework Removing scheduled tasks ... Removing self service ... Removing JAMF Preference file ... Removing JAMF Daemon Log files ...
- Next delete all existing profiles.
$ sudo rm -rf /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles Password:
- Re-enable the integrity protection from rebooting again into recovery mode.
$ csrutil enable Successfully enabled System Integrity Protection. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect. $ reboot